Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I want to know Wednesday

1) I want to know how many new kids will join DinoMights over the next few weeks.

Now that Learn 2 Skate is wrapping up, we shift gears. It is time to invite the Learn 2 Skate kids to become full year round participants of DinoMights.

We actually visit the homes of the students and meet their parents. We tell them everything about DinoMights. Sometimes my wife Kari comes along and speaks Spanish with the parents. If the students are interested and the parents give permission, we outfit the students with hockey equipment right there in the front yard. I'm sure it is quite a site.

2) I want to know what it looks like to people when they see kids trying on hockey equipment in the front yard.

It is kind of bizarre, but it is also very urban. On the one hand, this isn't the way I remember trying on my first set of hockey equipment. On the other hand, in the city kids don't just come to DinoMights seeking out hockey. Families don't usually know that there is an opportunity to play hockey. If we just waited for kids to come to us, we probably wouldn't have very many new kids. This year we have twice as many kids to visit, so hopefully it will be our biggest incoming class ever!

1 comment:

KelseyChristine said...

Yeah!! I'm so excited! There were SO many fun kids at both schools.