Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hockey In the Hood Camp: Why I love these images (Part 2)

Connections:


I'm entitling this post: Connections. It's the first thing that came to my mind related to the above image. That is Old School DinoMights Coach, Cody, tying the skates of brand new DinoMights participant, Javon.

I don't think I know anyone more connected than Cody. He hasn't been a Dino coach for about 6 years, but he is still very connected. In fact, this last week we added a whole host of new connections for Cody.

This is current Coach, Mike. He is an Urban Neighbor living in an Urban Homeworks home. Cody is the Community Development Director for Urban Homeworks. So Cody is constantly hooking DinoMights up with new coaches, like Mike. There is no contest. The person who has single handedly connected DinoMights with the most volunteers is Cody.

In fact, Cody connected me to DinoMights 10 years ago.

In fact, Cody connected my wife to DinoMights 10 years ago.

In fact, that's how I met my wife. So you could say that Cody connected me and my wife!

So it is really meaningful to me to have Cody come and tie some skates at Hockey in the Hood Camp. I thought it was pretty cool when one of the new girls told me that she baby sits for Cody's son and daughter.

But, that wasn't the end of the connections. One of the students that Cody mentored over the years was a boy named Jesse. One of the brand new students we added this year is Jesse's little cousin, Javon. The same boy, whose skates are being tied by Cody in the above picture!

Quite a connection.




No comments: